There’s an enormous amount of research suggesting that emotional intelligence (EQ) is critical to your performance at work. But there’s a catch. Emotional intelligence won’t do a thing for you if you aren’t genuine. Consider the hallmarks of genuine people and see how you stack up.
- Genuine people don’t try to make people like them – It’s not that they don’t care whether other people will like them, but simply that they’re not going to let that get in the way of doing the right thing.
- They don’t pass judgment – Having an open mind is crucial in the workplace, as approachability means access to new ideas and help.
- They forge their own paths – Their direction comes from within, from their own principles and values.
- They are generous – They share whom they know, what they know, and the resources they have access to. They believe that your success is their success.
- They treat everyone with respect— Whether interacting with their biggest clients, or servers taking their drink orders, they are unfailingly polite and respectful.
- They aren’t motivated by material things— Their happiness comes from the simpler pleasures—such as friends, family, and a sense of purpose.
- They are trustworthy— they mean what they say, and if they make a commitment, they keep it.
Bringing It All Together – Genuine people know who they are. They are confident enough to be comfortable in their own skin. They are firmly grounded in reality, and they’re truly present in each moment because they’re not trying to figure out someone else’s agenda or worrying about their own.
Dates to Remember
- March 12th—Daylight Savings begins. Set your clocks ahead one hour at 2AM.
- March 17th—St. Patrick’s Day
- March 20th—Spring Equinox
Are You Social Media Savvy?
Nearly 8 in 10 American adults are now using Face-book. If you’re not currently utilizing social media to promote your business, you could be missing out on potential new clients and connections. Not sure where to start on your Facebook Business Page?
We are offering to help create a business page for you and give you some tips on maintaining the page at no cost to you. If you’d like some help with your social media, contact our Outreach Director at Brittany@alphabizsolutions.com.