PEO / Employee Leasing
Why Outsource Administrative Duties?
Business owners typically spend up to twenty-five percent of their time on administrative functions. Alpha Business Solutions understands that “Time is Money”, so we’ll help you spend more time making it.
Alpha Business Solutions has partnered with several of the top PEOs in the country which means we have the advantage of matching you with the one that best fits your needs. When you’re with a PEO they become your partner or co-employer for the purpose of providing workers’ compensation, payroll processing, benefits and human resource assistance. By doing so, they help control your exposure to government compliance, reduce your overall labor cost and your liabilities.
The PEO becomes the employer of record, so you are no longer responsible for many payroll related duties. Some of their services include:
- Tax withholding, filing, deposits
- State & Federal unemployment filing and deposits
- W2 Processing
- Check Printing
- Direct Deposit
- Child Support Payments
- Remittance of Social Security
- Medicare Deductions
The PEO provides you with many management reports which can include tracking of:
- Benefits eligibility dates
- Probationary periods
- Anniversary dates
As your business partner, the PEO assumes workers’ compensation risk and liability. They offer competitive programs, provide timely certificates of insurance, and eliminate pre-payment and audits. They handle all of the paperwork. From the first call, they take over every detail. The PEO also provides loss prevention programs tailored to meet your needs such as:
- Custom safety programs
- Managed care programs
- Light duty – back to work program
- Risk and claims management
The PEOs solid risk management program can have a dramatic impact on your bottom line.
Human Resources / Benefits
Managing your human resources can be a risky and complex arena. In today’s heavily regulated environment, there are significant “hidden” exposures. The penalties for non-compliance can be severe:
- Wrongful Termination: Average out of court settlement of $40K. 10% of cases in excess of $1mil.
- Illegal Immigrant Workers: A company found in violation can face fines up to $10,000 for each unauthorized alien.
- Fair Labor Standards Act: An employer found guilty of willful violations is subject to civil penalties.
- In the past 8 years, employer litagation costs have doubled
The PEO provides compliance assistance with government agencies rules & programs. They provide “Fortune 500” benefit programs such as health, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) plan, and many other supplemental programs.