An HR Team Working for You
A Human Resources department is responsible for various tasks related to a company’s most valuable assets, its employees. Duties handled by HR include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing background checks
- Helping on-board new employees
- Overseeing employee payroll, direct deposit and deductions
- Assisting with employment related tax filing
- Maintaining employee records and handbooks
- Benefits administration and assistance
- Ensuring legal compliance
- Resolving workplace conflict
- Implementing safety procedures and managing risk
When a business is just starting out, or has very few employees, HR related tasks can be overwhelming.
They tend to take up a great deal of time, and generate tedious paperwork for business owners who don’t have the time or resources to complete it. When you outsource these tasks in a co-employer relationship with a PEO, you retain all the power over your core business functions and the hiring and firing power of employees, while the PEO becomes the employer of record to perform your administrative tasks. This allows you to focus on growing your business.
Outsourcing Your HR Services With a PEO
When you outsource your HR Services with a PEO, they help keep you up to date on government and legal compliance for your business. Your PEO will keep you abreast of things such as minimum wage increases, social security changes, OSHA updates and more. They can help you formulate an employee handbook and implement safety procedures to mitigate risk. They are a one stop shop for your applications, W2s, direct deposit forms, and health insurance enrollment. All of these duties are more than one person should have to handle.